It may never have occurred to you that a metal guitar pick could boost your sound, but it’s true. Here are five big reasons why you might want to consider picking up a high quality etched stainless steel pick and giving it a try:
- A steel pick will deliver a very aggressive attack to your strings. Rigid steel picks, like these made by Tantris Picks, will not yield, so your strings will take all the kinetic energy of your pick-strokes. This results in higher attack volume and a brighter tone than you might get from a flexible plastic pick. With smooth, polished edges, metal picks easily glide over the strings. This enables you to perform fast tremolo picking with less effort because the pick can be kept very close to the strings.
- The tone produced by metal is much brighter than that produced from softer materials like plastic. This is especially apparent on a steel-stringed acoustic guitar, where the picks will noticeably ring. It is also contributes significantly to the dynamic range of electric guitars. Effects like chirps and pick scrapes are more effective too.
- An etched stainless steel pick with designs on both sides provides some serious traction so the picks won’t accidentally slip or rotate in your fingers while you’re playing.
- Stainless steel picks will last forever. They just don’t wear out.
- An etched stainless steel pick looks and feel substantial and worth hanging onto—because it is. It will last forever. You will value them as essential gear in their own right rather than as disposable utensils.
Tantris picks come in 3 classic styles, all deeply etched on both sides for secure grip. Each pick is individually hand-tooled from high quality .025″ stainless steel for hammering out heavy riffs and screaming solos with the solid, bright attack that only a heavy metal pick can deliver.
If you’re on Facebook too, please stop by for a visit!